Inspiring the Next Generation
An after-school program of violin, cello, piano and guitar instruction for elementary and middle school students. Since its inception in 2002, hundreds of young people have participated in group lessons and recitals. In 2010, it was expanded into the school curriculum in the Sheridan School District. We believe the power of music to be a transformative experience for all people and have received positive feedback from teachers and participating parents alike.
Tuition and instrument rental costs are kept to a minimum, so all interested students can benefit from this opportunity. Classes are led by local professional musicians:
Violin: David Paul and Desiree Cedeno-Suarez
Cello: Evan Shelton Piano: Miriam Kepner
Guitar: Laura Husbands
- Deliver, in collaboration with Englewood and Sheridan School Districts, the best string music program possible for students in elementary and middle schools.
- Make instrumental music instruction accessible to an underserved community.
- Encourage consistent, goal-oriented practice habits
- Offer beneficial effects on participants’ academic work and self-esteem that extend well beyond their musical skills.
- Inspire children’s creativity and encourage lifelong appreciation of the arts.
- Provide safe, supportive, nurturing in-school and after-school activities for children in the cities of Englewood and Sheridan.
- Prepare elementary and middle school students for entry to the high school orchestra program proposed in Englewood next fall.
Spring 2017 Lessons Open
Our thanks to Eric Bertoluzzi and his staff! Their hard work ensures that all students enrolled in Strings Attached this year will receive a weekly private lesson! Join us!
Registration is now OPEN. You may register and pay by email or by mail. 1) Download the registration form, CLICK HERE 2) Complete it and return it with your payment or request an online invoice. (Directions and mailing address are on the form.)
Strings Attached was founded by Englewood Arts in collaboration with Englewood Public Schools. Tuition and instrumental rental costs are kept to a minimum, so all interested students can benefit from their participation in the classes.
Englewood Arts is pleased and fortunate to have these generous sponsors:
Scientific and Cultural Facilities District
Colorado Creative Industries
Englewood Education Foundation
The Fine Arts Foundation
The Bowan Family Fund
The Jackson Fenner Foundation
The City of Englewood
Museum of Outdoor Arts
PTSOs of participating schools
Xcel Energy Foundation
Pre-school Music Program
Current education research indicates that reaching preschool age children with high quality music instruction can positively impact their scholastic achievement all the way through school, even into high school. Englewood Arts, in cooperation with Maddox Early Childhood Education Center is pleased to be able to share Mr. David’s Music Class with more than 200 children, twice a month.